Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 40 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
- 1.5 kg of top sirloin or tenderloin cut sideways against the grain
- ¼ cup of pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ sliced red pepper
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 1 sliced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Pour over the steak and refrigerate for 2-4 hours to marinate.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil in the fryer basket, then add the peppers and onions. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After 10 minutes, place meat pieces on top of the peppers. Close the lid and cook at 400°F for 7 minutes, or until the steak is done to your liking.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Top with your preferred fajita toppings, such as cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, and so on.
- The oil sprinkled on peppers and onions can be olive oil, canola oil, or avocado oil.