Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Whole corn flour for instant polenta 110 g
- Scallops (8 shellfish) 240 g
- Granny Smith apples (about 2) 400 g
- Water 430 g
- Brandy 50 g
- Brown sugar 10 g
- Extra virgin olive oil 60 g
- Salt up to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Mint qb
- To begin preparing the polenta and scallop amuse-bouche, pour 5 g of oil into a pan with a diameter of 28x20cm and set aside. In the meantime, heat a pot of water on the stove. When the water is boiling, add the salt and about 10 g of oil then pour in the instant polenta flour while vigorously stirring with a whisk (or a wooden spoon) to avoid lumps.
- Stir continuously for 8 minutes to achieve a consistent and dry polenta. 4. Transfer the polenta to the tray and spread it evenly with a spatula until it reaches a thickness of 0.5 cm. Wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, look after the apples. Cut them into four parts and remove the core7. Collect some chunks of about a couple of centimeters in a container 8. Heat 20 g of oil in a pan before adding the apples.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat, then blend in the brandy and allow it to evaporate (keep an eye on any flames!). Allow the brown sugar to caramelize for a few minutes the apples will be ready at this point, so cover with a lid and set aside
- Return the polenta and cut it into 8 diskettes with a pastry cutter with a diameter of 6.5 cm Preheat a grill and brush it with 10 g of oil.
- then place the discs and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side 16; turn them and cook for another 3-4 minutes; set the disks aside at the end of cooking
- Cook the scallops as well. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the shellfish, cooking for 2 minutes per side over medium-high heat. 19, season with salt and white pepper, and jump frequently to keep them at bay .
- Finally, for the composition, arrange the polenta discs on a cutting board, followed by the scallops and apples . Finally, garnish your polenta amuse-bouche with mint leaves and you're ready to wow your guests!
Amount Per Serving Calories 439Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 9mgSodium 449mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 4g