Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 can condensed milk 14 oz can
- 2 cups almond flour blanched & super fine
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron lightly crushed
- Gently press down on any lumps in the almond flour with a fork to break them up.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the ghee. Coat the bottom and sides of the pan with ghee.
- Combine almond flour, condensed milk, ground cardamom, and saffron in a mixing bowl. Mix well over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture separates from the sides and comes together as dough. Turn off the heat and set aside the batter to cool while you prepare the pan.
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray or ghee. Spread cardamom powder, almonds, and saffron in the pan before placing the dough on top. Using a silicone spatula, spread the mixture evenly. Wait until the batter is cool enough to touch before spreading with your fingers and gently pressing down. Spread out until you have an even layer about 12 inch thick. Allow it to cool completely or place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife that has been lightly greased, cut the dough into 1 inch squares. If the dough sticks to the knife while cutting, simply wipe it clean or use a silicone spatula to cut the squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 days or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.