Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup seeded cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup daikon radish, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Ingredients for Spicy Mayo
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon gochujang, sriracha or other hot chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 6-inch piece baguette
- 8 thin slices cooked pork roast or loin
- 4 large, thin slices Parma Ham
- 1 cup baby arugula
- In a large bowl combine the carrot, cucumber, daikon, scallions, vinegar, fish sauce, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Then refrigerate 1-2 hours to let the vegetables slightly pickle. Stir in the mint and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the hot chili sauce and the lime juice. Season with a bit of salt.
- When you are ready to assemble and serve the sandwiches, halve the baguette lengthwise. Place 1/4 of the pork on the bottom of the baguette, cutting the pork to fit the baguette. Layer on some of the slaw, then drape 2 pieces of prosciutto over the slaw. Top with 1/4 of the arugula. Swipe the top of the baguette with the spicy mayo and place the bread on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1165Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 49mgSodium 3062mgCarbohydrates 176gFiber 8gSugar 20gProtein 48g