Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (for less heat or omission)
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 4 cod fillets (about 2 lbs.), Skinless
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- Combine the Cajun seasoning in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly on both sides of the fish fillets on a plate, removing any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides, or until the meat can be easily pierced without resistance.
- Serve with avocado and corn salsa, or your favorite side dish.
- Most other compact fish, including salmon, can be substituted for cod.
Amount Per ServingCalories 236Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 99mgSodium 672mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 42g