Here are the secrets to making the best boiled beef. This method yields very tender meat as well as a tasty and aromatic broth that can be used to make risottos, soups, or flavor roasts.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 kg of beef for boiled meat (muscle, priest's hat)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tablespoon of coarse saltan
- aromatic bunch with bay leaves,
- thyme and parsley
- 1 clove
- 4 peppercornssauces
- pickles and horseradish to accompany
- Peel the carrot, cut the onion in half and insert a clove into it, and cut the celery in half.
- Place them in a large pot with 3 liters of cold water and the salt. Bring everything to a boil, including the peppercorns and the aromatic bunch tied with kitchen string.
- Tie the meat with kitchen string so that it does not deform and becomes very compact during cooking. Add the boiled meat when the water begins to boil vigorously.
- Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer everything. Boil the meat for at least 3 hours. Insert a fork into the meat to test the doneness: it is done when there is no resistance.
- Cooked meat should be drained. Cut it into slices and serve immediately with pickles, garlic and parsley green sauce, or a grating of fresh horseradish root.
Amount Per ServingCalories 810Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 244mgSodium 269mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 74g