Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 300 grams of corn flour
- 300 milliliters of water
- 200 grams of flour 00
- 40 grams of powdered sourdough
- 20 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- To make corn flour bread, combine the water, sugar, salt, and extra virgin olive oil in the bread machine basket or planetary mixer.
- Then add the sifted 00 flour and corn flour, followed by the powdered mother yeast. Knead for about 20 minutes, then set aside to rise for 2 1/2 hours in a warm place.
- The dough will have doubled in volume by the end of the leavening process; place it on a floured pastry board and form your sandwich. Allow it to rise for another 30 minutes in the oven that is turned off.
- The corn flour bread is ready after 25 minutes of baking at 180 degrees.
- As an alternative to 00 flour, wholemeal flour yields an excellent result!
- Before rising, add a few cubes of mature cheese to make this bread truly unique.
- Another option is to cut the bread into slices, toast them in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 180 degrees, and then spread a slice of gorgonzola over them while they are still hot and serve as bruschetta for an aperitif.
Amount Per Serving Calories 524Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 597mgCarbohydrates 102gFiber 7gSugar 2gProtein 11g