Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 75 ml of water
- 340 grams of sugar
- 410 grams of flour 00
- vanilla essence
- 20 gr of baking powder
- For the diplomatic cream:
- 5 yolks
- 100 grams of flour 00
- 125 grams of sugar
- 500 ml of milk
- vanilla essence
- 200 ml of cream for desserts
- To decorate:
- 125 gr of currants
- 125 gr of blueberries
- 400 ml of fresh cream
- 50 grams of powdered sugar
- purple food coloring
- For the syrup:
- 300 ml of water
- 80 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 1 lemon peel
- Separate the yolks and whites and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Separately, combine the egg yolks and boiling water in a mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Now, combine the flour, sugar, and yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Finally, stir in the egg whites until the mixture is dense and homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured baking pan, then bake for 45/50 minutes at 180 ° C in a preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool, and invert the sponge cake onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar.
- Then stir in the flour.
- Once the ingredients are combined, stir in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Transfer everything to a saucepan over medium heat and stir to thicken.
- Then set it aside to cool.
- Whip the cream and then gently fold it into the cream.
- To make the syrup, heat a saucepan filled with water, sugar, and lemon peel over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Take the sponge cake and cut it in half, resulting in two semi-circles.
- Then, beginning at the center of each, cut out two triangles.
- The body of the butterfly is formed by joining the two semicircles in reverse.
- Now, divide the sponge cake into three horizontal layers.
- Place the first layer in a rectangular serving dish and top with the syrup.
- Stuff with a generous layer of cream and top with the cleaned berries.
- Repeat the steps with the second sponge cake, alternating cream and berries.
- Repeat with the second sponge cake, putting it in contact with the first on the curved side.
- Whip the fresh cream and divide it into two bowls to decorate the cake.
- In each of these, add half a teaspoon of powdered sugar and food coloring in varying amounts to create two color tones.
- Now, apply a generous layer of the lighter glaze to the cake.
- Put the darker one in a pastry bag and use it to outline the butterfly's edges.
- Form the central body of the butterfly and decorate the edges by changing the tip.
- Finally, form the antennine of your butterfly cake with blueberries and currants.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1959Total Fat 74gSaturated Fat 42gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 784mgSodium 795mgCarbohydrates 287gFiber 7gSugar 184gProtein 39g