Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 onion
- 1 porro
- green pepper
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 clove of garlic
- fresh thyme and basil or parsley
- salsa worchestershire e tabasco
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 chicken sausage
- broth or water
- 5 okra pods
- To begin, cut the chicken breast into small pieces, season it, and let it rest in olive oil for at least 1 hour. Brown the flour in a saucepan with the oil or butter.
- Then add the sliced onion, green pepper, and celery to make a fried with a distinct aroma. The minced garlic, basil, and thyme are then combined. The leek, diced chicken, and chopped sausage are combined.
- We quickly add some broth or water. We add the okra pods; you can add them whole or cut them into pieces; it doesn't make much of a difference, it's just a matter of aesthetics.
- To taste, we combine the sauces and cook them slowly.
- We can make gumbo with vegetables or other types of meat using the same method. Serve it this way, as a soup, hot or cold, with boiled rice if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 208Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 45mgSodium 363mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 7gSugar 9gProtein 21g