Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 17 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 29 minutes
- Chicken breast 800 g
- 4 tbsp soy sauce Lime juice 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp Cumin 2 tsp Coriander 2 tsp Turmeric 2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp Onion 80 g Chillies 2 tsp
- Coriander 1 bunch Lime a few cloves
- Set aside. Cut the chicken breast into small, roughly equal pieces and skewer them on the skewers.
- To make the marinade, whisk together all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. 5 tablespoons of the marinade should be set aside for the peanut sauce.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken skewers, thoroughly wetting them with the marinade, using gloves because turmeric can stain your hands, then cover the bowl with the chicken and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil for the sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, with the chopped onions. Stir in the chili powder and the remaining ingredients, which include 5 tablespoons marinade, brown sugar, and water. Take the pan off the heat and add the peanut butter.
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it out with a little more water. Cover and set aside the pan. If possible, microwave the sauce for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 10-15 minutes on the griddle, turning occasionally, over medium-high heat. Serve the chicken with the peanut sauce and garnished with cilantro and fresh lime wedges.