Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 200 grams of flour 00
- 200 grams of sugar
- 100 gr of butter at room temperature
- 75 gr of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 whole eggs
- 50 ml of milk
- 16 gr of baking powder
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator, peel them, and separate the yolks from the whites. Set aside the latter.
- Whip the egg yolks and sugar together. It is critical to allow the mixture to absorb a lot of air in this step, so whip it for about 15 minutes on medium speed
- Add the soft, room-temperature butter in chunks to the dough and mix well.
- chocolate cake that is light and fluffy
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, and yeast and gradually incorporate them into the dough. During all stages of the dough, if necessary, add milk to make the chocolate cake mixture more workable. Only do it if the dough is too hard
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites that were previously set aside until stiff
- Incorporate the beaten egg whites into the mixture. Mix with a silicone or wooden scoop, being careful not to break up the egg whites, then slowly and from the bottom up.
- Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a pan, then pour the chocolate cake mixture into it.
- The measurements for this cake are for a pan with a diameter of 20/22 cm. The cake will simply be lower if you use larger pans.
- Bake the chocolate cake for 45/50 minutes at 160 ° C in a static oven. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check for doneness: if it remains dry and clean, the cake is done. It may take longer to cook depending on your oven, so check carefully before taking it out of the oven.
- With this recipe, you'll get a dense, chocolaty cake. Depending on your preferences, you might prefer a lighter cake, such as a chocolate sponge cake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 730Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 287mgSodium 681mgCarbohydrates 102gFiber 5gSugar 51gProtein 17g