Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless or on the bone (see tips)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 can (10 3.4 ounces) of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the butter in a 9x13x2-inch baking pan and bake until the butter is melted.
- In a shallow bowl, pour 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large, shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then roll it in the flour mixture to thoroughly coat it. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the pan (if using skinned bone-in chicken, arrange with the skin side up).
- Cook the chicken for 30 minutes, uncovered, at 425°F. Bake for another 15 minutes on the other side. Turn the chicken pieces over again and reduce the heat to 375 F.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of buttermilk and condensed cream of mushroom soup over the chicken. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken on a serving platter. Pour a spoonful of the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir to combine.
Amount Per ServingCalories 540Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 146mgSodium 1398mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 47g