Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless or on the bone (see tips)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 can (10 3.4 ounces) of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the butter in a 9x13x2-inch baking pan and bake until the butter is melted.
- In a shallow bowl, pour 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large, shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then roll it in the flour mixture to thoroughly coat it. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the pan (if using skinned bone-in chicken, arrange with the skin side up).
- Cook the chicken for 30 minutes, uncovered, at 425°F. Bake for another 15 minutes on the other side. Turn the chicken pieces over again and reduce the heat to 375 F.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of buttermilk and condensed cream of mushroom soup over the chicken. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken on a serving platter. Pour a spoonful of the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir to combine.
Amount Per Serving Calories 540Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 146mgSodium 1398mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 47g