Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 Tuorli
- 500 ml Orange juice
- 100 g Sugar
- 60 g Flour
- 25 ml Liqueur (optional)
- 1 Orange peel
- What you need for the Orange Juice Cream
- 1 Whisk
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- Making the cream with milk-free orange juice is a quick and easy process. You can add liqueur, such as Grand Marnier, Bayles, or any other sweet liqueur, to make it even more fragrant. If you don't like it, you can safely leave it out; nothing will change.
- Take some nice fresh and ripe oranges and extract the necessary amount of juice, based on the cream you want to make, in this case 500 ml of filtered juice, using a juicer.
- Working with a whisk, combine the egg yolks and sugar in a saucepan. Add the juice and flour a little at a time, whisking constantly to avoid lumps, until all of the ingredients are combined.
- You can also add the grated rind of an untreated orange if you want. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the cream thickens.
- Add the liqueur just before turning off the heat, stir once more, let it thicken for a minute, and then turn off the heat. If the cream has lumps, use an electric mixer to smooth it out until it is smooth and silky.
- Allow to cool by covering it with film in contact to avoid the formation of a crust. The cream with orange juice is ready; you can now eat it with a spoon or use it to fill desserts. Have a great time tasting!
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 12mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 1gSugar 43gProtein 3g