Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
- 4 sausages
- 2 Baguettes (large or 4 small)
- QB pomodoro
- q.b. Rucola
- To make the crusted sausages, cut the bread to the same size as your sausages, remove the tips, and begin to empty it from the crumb with a teaspoon, leaving the outer edge as thin as possible.
- Remove the skins from the sausages and begin stuffing the bread with the sausage mixture. Push hard to fill the entire loaf of bread.
- Then place it in the freezer for 15 minutes; it should not freeze, but it should harden slightly so that it can be cut more easily.
- Take your stuffed bread and cut it with a serrated knife; if you want it to cook quickly and be able to eat it with your hands, cut it thinly, about 1 centimeter or less.
- If you want to eat it with a fork and knife on a plate, cut it a little higher, but keep in mind that it will take longer to cook because the sausage will be higher.
- Sprinkle with a drop of oil and place on a cast iron plate, brown on one side for 3 or 4 minutes, then turn and brown on the other side.
- If, on the other hand, you cut it large, preheat the oven to 180°F, bake for 15 minutes, sprinkle with a few drops of oil, and serve when the bread is toasted.
- Cut a few tomatoes into four sections, wash and dry some rocket, and arrange on plates, seasoning with a salt press and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- CHEER UP AND ENJOY YOUR MEAL
- Bread-crusted sausages, either cut or whole, can be frozen raw or cooked. Cook the sausages in a crust without cutting them in the oven at 170° for 25 minutes, covered with aluminum foil to prevent the bread from burning.
Amount Per Serving Calories 651Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 41mgSodium 1538mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 26g