Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Arhar Dal - cup (100 grams)
- Wheat Flour - cup (75 grams)
- Besan - 2 tbsp (20 gms)
- Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Ghee - 2-3 tablespoons
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Cumin - tsp
- Red chili powder - tsp
- Turmeric Powder - tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Dry red chili - 1
- Green chili - 1 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - 7-8
- Green coriander - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Salt - 1.5 tsp or as per taste
- Ajwain - less than tsp
- Before making the tur dal, wash and clean it and soak it in water for half an hour to an hour. Put the lentils and 2 cups of water in the cooker, add 1 teaspoon salt, and cook for one whistle before continuing to cook on low heat for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the dal in the cooker until the pressure in the cooker is released.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, gram flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ghee, and carom seeds; mix well and, after adding a little water, make a soft dough similar to chapati dough; it took a quarter cup of water to knead this much dough. Cover the dough and set it aside for 10-15 minutes to allow it to rise and set.
- Apply ghee to your hand and mash the dough to smooth it out. The dough for the Dhokli is ready. Prepare the dough by shaping it into a round ball. Roll the dough out on dry flour and place it on a wheel to make a large roti. Cut it into 1-1 inch strips, make it small, and cut it from the middle by dividing it into 2-4 parts.
- Bring 2-3 cups of water to a boil in a vessel to cook dhokli. Place the Dhokli in the boiling water to cook when it reaches a boil. Allow the dhokli to cook for 10-15 minutes on high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the dal's tempering.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, then add the cumin and asafetida. After sputtering the cumin, add the turmeric powder, curry leaves, whole red chilies, chopped green chilies, and coriander powder and cook for a few minutes. After that, add the chopped tomatoes and let them cook for a few minutes before adding the red chili powder and mixing it in. Fry until the ghee separates from the spices.
- After roasting, the masala is ready. Now combine the cooked dal and cooked dhokli in the cooker, then add the spices to the dhokli vessel and mix well. Cook the dal on low heat for 5 minutes.
- When the Dal Dhokli is ready, combine it with some green coriander and place it in a bowl. Garnish with green coriander and ghee if desired. Eat the dal dhokli while it's still hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 793Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 83mgSodium 3000mgCarbohydrates 90gFiber 12gSugar 9gProtein 35g