Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Farina 00 150 g
- Farina Manitoba 350 g
- Butter at room temperature 150 g
- Whole milk 125 ml
- Eggs 2
- Yolks 1
- Dry yeast 4 g
- Water 50 ml
- Sugar 20 g
- Salt up to 8 g
- Eggs 1
- To make the rusks, sift the flours into the bowl of a planetary mixer fitted with a leaf. 1, dissolve the yeast in warm water (alternatively, use 15 g fresh brewer's yeast) 2 and add it to the flour 3; if you do not have a planetary mixer, knead by hand first with a fork to mix the flours with the liquids).
- Add the beaten eggs 4, sugar 5, and warmed milk 6 as well. Knead for about 15 minutes, or until the mixture is homogeneous. Stop and turn the dough several times if necessary.
- Replace the leaf with the hook 7 at this point and add the salt and soft butter, one cube at a time 8, waiting for the first to be absorbed before adding the next. When the dough is smooth and elastic (approximately 20 minutes)9
- Form 10 balls and place them in a bowl covered with cling film for 30 minutes in an oven that is turned off (the temperature should be around 25 ° -26 °). After that, line a plumcake mold 28 x11 (h 7 cm) with baking paper11, lightly grease the mold, and cut out a rectangle 28x11 cm, which will cover the bottom of the mold, and a strip 7 cm high and 78 cm long for the walls, making sure the baking paper adheres well to the mold to prevent folds from forming. Take a piece of dough and flatten it with your hands before rolling it up on itself. Place it in the mold12 and leave it to rise in the oven with the light turned off.
- until the dough reaches the mold's edge 13 (it will take about 50 minutes). Finally, brush the dough with the beaten egg14and bake for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees. Allow it to cool before removing it from the mold and placing it on a wire rack15.
- Once cool, cut into slices 16 about 1/2 cm thick (or 1 cm, depending on your preference), place them on a dripping pan covered with parchment paper 17, and bake in a preheated static oven at 150 ° for about 1 hour, or in a ventilated oven at 130 ° for 45 minutes, or in any case until they have dried and turned brown 18. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Your rusks are now ready to pair with your favorite jams!
Amount Per ServingCalories 425Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 269mgSodium 1102mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 9g