Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1/2 kilo of squid (cleaned and cut)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- Allow the squid to rest in a bowl with the lemon juice for 30 minutes. The squid will be tenderized as a result of this.
- Preheat the frying oil to 190 ° C and then whisk together the flour, pepper, paprika, and salt in a medium bowl. Then, transfer half of this mixture to another medium bowl and the milk to a third. Next, arrange the three bowls on the counter in this order: spiced flour, milk, and spiced flour.
- Remove the squid from the lemon juice and place it in the flour (remove any excess), then in the milk (remove any excess), and finally in the second bowl of flour. Repeat with the remaining squid.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes in batches, or until golden brown. Then, immediately drain on a paper towel and cover with salt. If desired, serve with marinara sauce and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 294mgSodium 644mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 28g