Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tsp salt (kosher)
- 3 Tbsp butter (sweet)
- 2 garlic (cloves)
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup milk (cow)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grana padano cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the garlic.
- Fry for 1 minute before adding the flour.
- Cook the flour and butter mixture for 2 minutes, whisking constantly
- While whisking, slowly pour in the milk and reduce the heat to medium-low. Whisk in the cream thoroughly.
- After 2 minutes, add the grated pecorino cheese to the sauce.
- 2 minutes later, the mixture should be smooth and thick.
- Serve with your preferred pasta.
Amount Per ServingCalories 241Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 61mgSodium 632mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 6g