Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Sliced 4-ounce mozzarella
- 1 large sliced tomato
- 2 oz Jarred Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper to taste, and deglaze. While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to allow it to emulsify.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the four slices of bread and toast for 2 minutes in a sandwich maker or toaster
- Place the mozzarella, tomatoes, and roasted red peppers on top of the bread slices and allow the cheese to melt and the vegetables to soften.
- When the cheese has melted, close the sandwich, cut it, and serve it right away.
Amount Per Serving Calories 430Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 25mgSodium 691mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 15g