Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 150 g Guava juice
- 120 g Corn oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 grated lemon zest
- 259 g Wholemeal flour
- 1/2 sachet Bread of the Angels Yeast
- 1 tsp Vanilla Berry Extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- to taste Jam to taste
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture is fluffy and puffy. Slowly mixing in the oil and juice.
- Slowly stir in the salt, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, add it to the mixture, and whip everything together again.
Cook for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees in a well-buttered 22 cm pan.
- So the recipe called for apple juice, but I didn't have any, so I thought about using "guava nectar," which I had on hand.
Guava is a tropical fruit that tastes like a pear and is pink in color.
- Anyway, I used wholemeal flour (Barilla) and was perplexed by the softness, so I had to reconsider!! I stuffed it with homemade peach jam and then topped it with icing sugar. I didn't have any good cane icing sugar, which would have completed the health...
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 47mgSodium 50mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 17gProtein 6g