Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 150 g Guava juice
- 120 g Corn oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 grated lemon zest
- 259 g Wholemeal flour
- 1/2 sachet Bread of the Angels Yeast
- 1 tsp Vanilla Berry Extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- to taste Jam to taste
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture is fluffy and puffy. Slowly mixing in the oil and juice.
- Slowly stir in the salt, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, add it to the mixture, and whip everything together again.
Cook for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees in a well-buttered 22 cm pan.
- So the recipe called for apple juice, but I didn't have any, so I thought about using "guava nectar," which I had on hand.
Guava is a tropical fruit that tastes like a pear and is pink in color.
- Anyway, I used wholemeal flour (Barilla) and was perplexed by the softness, so I had to reconsider!! I stuffed it with homemade peach jam and then topped it with icing sugar. I didn't have any good cane icing sugar, which would have completed the health...
Amount Per ServingCalories 341Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 47mgSodium 50mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 17gProtein 6g