Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 2 pre-made whole chilled tarts
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of strawberry jam
- 12 heart-shaped slices of strawberries
- Brown sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the egg wash in a small bowl by combining 1 yolk and 1 teaspoon of water; set aside.
- Make the cream cheese filling in a larger mixing bowl by combining the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- Roll out the pie crust to about 1/8 or 1/16 inch thick and cut it into 12 rectangles the size of poptarts - 2.5 inch x 3.5 inch.
- Place 6 of the rectangles on the parchment paper and top with a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese, leaving space around the edges.
- Then, add another heaping teaspoon of strawberry jam to each, followed by a strawberry heart in the center.
- Cut out a heart in the center of the remaining 6 rectangles that is the same size as the strawberry hearts. Place the remaining rectangles on top, aligning the strawberry hearts in the center.
- Seal the edges with a fork, then brush with the egg wash mixture and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack to cool. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 48mgSodium 60mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 2g