Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour
- ¾ T spoon salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch baking soda , optional
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup milk , warmed
- Water , as needed, for kneading
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- oil , as needed
- To begin, combine all-purpose flour and wheat flour in a large mixing bowl. Moreover, add salt, sugar, baking soda, and a teaspoon of oil. Also, rub your fingers together to make a good lather with your hands.
- Now add the milk and begin kneading.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and soft, adding water as needed. Knead the dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Furthermore, only a tsp of oil should be used to grease the dough. Allow to rest for 30 minutes, covered with a damp cloth.
- LACHHA PARATHA RECIPE: Begin by rolling out and flattening a large ball of dough.
- Sprinkle with wheat flour. Roll it into a thin circle in the shape of a chapati.
- Roll as thinly as possible. Grease the chapati with oil and dust with wheat flour.
- It aids in the creation of flaky layers. Begin making pleats by folding them with your fingers.
- Distribute the flour as evenly as possible. Begin rolling out the flour in the shape of a swiss roll.
- Also, gently press the end to secure it. Dust some whole wheat flour over the wrapped ball.
- And then begin rolling in a thin circle. If you roll it too thin, you won't be able to enjoy the layers.
- Place the rolled paratha on a hot chapati tawa. After a minute, flip and cook from the other side.
- Once golden brown spots appear on both sides, grease with oil. Moreover, flip and fry from both sides.
- The paratha is then crushed to create layers. Finally, serve the roti immediately with your preferred curry.
Amount Per ServingCalories 482Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 2mgSodium 1347mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 12g