Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 250 g Farina 00
- 150 g Water
- 8 g baking powder for cakes (half sachet)
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- to taste Sugar (to " sugar ")
- to taste Peanut oil (for frying)
- In a bowl put the flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Make the fountain and little by little add the water and knead. When the dough is almost ready, add the oil.
- Continue to knead by hand for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and firm.
- Flour the work surface with a little flour, and remove seven pieces of about seventy (70) grams from the dough and form into balls.
- Starting with the first ball you have formed (rest favors elasticity), squeeze each ball with your hands, making sure to flatten slightly from the center outwards, leaving the edge thicker.
- funfair pancakes, recipe without leavening
Heat the oil in a deep pan. It shouldn't be hot, but it should sizzle around the pancake.
- Fry the pancakes one at a time in a pan with plenty of oil, not too hot. When they are golden brown, drain them on absorbent paper and roll them in granulated sugar.
- The freshly fried pancakes will be "hard" in the sense of crunchy. Just let them cool for a moment (also because if you don't get burned!) And they will take on the soft look they must have!
- So let it cool and serve well sweetened.
- The pancakes are prepared and eaten within a few hours. The next day they will have lost most of their softness! If you have any leftovers heat them for a minute in a hot oven or a few seconds in the microwave.
Amount Per ServingCalories 152Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 13mgSodium 303mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 2g