Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dry baking powder
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 150 g of granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Olive oil
- Warm the coconut milk over medium-low heat until it begins to bubble.
- Allow it to cool slightly before adding the dry yeast. Stir vigorously until lathering occurs. Allow 5 to 10 minutes to stand.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Make a hole in the center and fill it with the beaten eggs.
- Stir until the mixture is homogeneous, then add the coconut milk with its foam and continue to stir. Mix in the granulated sugar, bicarbonate of soda, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Grease an iron skillet with a little butter and olive oil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add 1/5 of the mixture when the oil is hot. You should be able to get a tortilla that is 2 or 3 cm thick. Wait for the top to dry and the edge to brown before removing it and arranging it on a surface without turning it over.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1559Total Fat 55gSaturated Fat 38gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 201mgSodium 544mgCarbohydrates 251gFiber 3gSugar 151gProtein 23g