Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- Carnaroli rice 240 g
- Chiodini mushrooms 200 g
- Champignon mushrooms 200 g
- Onions ½
- donkey 80 g
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO 60 g
- Salt up to taste
- Parsley to chop to taste
- White wine 50 g
- Water 1 l
- White pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Begin by cleaning the champignons for the mushroom risotto. Remove the last part of the stem1, then peel them with a small knife. 2. Begin at the base of the hat and gently pull the skin up to the center. Then, remove the stems3 and set aside the scraps, which will be used to make the broth.
- Take care of the honey mushrooms as well. Remove the final part of the stem, which will be too earthy, and use only the central part4 to make the broth with the Champignon stems, while for the risotto you will only use the upper part, which you will have to cut into cubes with a small knife 5. Take care of making the mushroom broth at this point. Place the scraps in a pan.
- Add the water and cook for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the Champignon heads into cubes8 and finely chop half an onion
- In a large pan that will be used to cook the risotto, melt half the amount of butter (40 g) gently. After that, add the onion10 and brown it before adding the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally and making sure the mushrooms do not release liquids. Add the rice16 at this point and stir frequently to toast it.
- After a few minutes, combine with the white wine and add a couple of ladles of broth filtering it with a sieve directly inside the pan.
- Season with salt 16and continue cooking for about minutes, until cooked, adding the filtered hot broth from time to time. Then remove from the heat and continue to stir the risotto: first add the remaining 40 g of butter17and stir until completely dissolved; then add the Parmesan and mix again
- Now finely chop the parsley season the rice with ground white pepper parsley, and an oil drizzle
- Stir to combine the flavors 22 and adjust the density of the risotto by adding more broth if necessary 23. Stir once more and serve your mushroom risotto while it is still hot 24.
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 13mgSodium 429mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 7g