Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 6 ripe black figs
- 350 g of long pasta (I used bavette)
- 100 g of diced sweet bacon
- 1 nice spring onion
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- a few leaves of sage
- 40 ml of EVO oil
- salt as required
- grated cheese (to taste)
- Bring the pasta water to a boil and season with salt. Meanwhile, peel and chop the spring onion and fry it in a large pan with the oil with the diced bacon. Peel and cut the figs into small pieces, then add them to the saute along with 4 whole sage leaves, a pinch of chilli, and a ladle of pasta cooking water.
- Cook for about ten minutes over low heat until you have a very creamy sauce that is not too dry (add more cooking water if necessary), season with salt, and remove the sage leaves.
- At the same time, you will have cooked the al dente pasta and drained it, reserving a cup of cooking water. Finish the pasta in the pan with the sauce, adding a few drops of cooking water as needed.
- Then serve with a few fresh sage leaves on top. If desired, sprinkle the plates with a teaspoon of grated cheese. Have a delicious meal!
Amount Per Serving Calories 566Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 42mgSodium 820mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 5gSugar 17gProtein 21g