Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 medium-sized red onions , thinly sliced
- 1-2 lemons its juice
- Bring a cup of water, vinegar, herbs, and a pinch of salt to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the sliced onions when the water begins to boil.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- When they're cool enough to handle, drain them, place them in a glass jar or container, and squeeze the lemon juice over them.
- Check for salt and whether they require more lemon juice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 70Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 74mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 10gProtein 1g