Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 chicken
- 1 tablespoon of Oil
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
- 1 kilogram of potatoes
- We'll start by washing the chicken and chopping it up. You can also order it ready-made from the butcher shop if you prefer.
- Separately, heat the bottom of a saucepan with oil. Place the chicken pieces in the hot pan and cook until golden brown. Remove to a plate lined with absorbent paper to absorb excess oil and set aside.
- Brown the onion and garlic cloves, finely chopped, in the same frying pan. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't turn brown. After a few minutes, add the parsley and cook for a few seconds.
- Then add the wine and half a cup of broth to the pan and bring to a boil. You can make the broth at home by following the recipe for vegetable broth.
- Return the prey to the saucepan and cook it slowly without covering it. During cooking, add squirts of broth to keep the chicken from drying out.
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into squares separately. Fry the potatoes and drain them before combining them with the butter and 1 tablespoon of parsley in a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve a piece of chicken on each plate, dipped in the cooking sauce and accompanied by a portion of the French fries. This simple Provençal chicken can also be topped with mashed potatoes or sautéed vegetables. Good appetite!
- More vegetables, such as carrots, corn, and peas, can be added if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 535Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 74mgSodium 405mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 12g