Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 800 g roast beef
- qb Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tuft Roast flavorings
- 1 tsp Juniper berries
- 1 l Vegetable broth
- First, massage the meat with the olive oil for a few minutes, then tie it with string and place it in the fridge overnight, if possible.
- Heat a nonstick pan and brown the meat roll on all sides; this is known as sealing, and it serves to keep all of the juices inside while also ensuring that the meat remains tender during cooking.
- In a high-sided saucepan, combine the oil, herbs for the roast (sage, bay leaf, celery, carrot, onion), and a teaspoon of juniper berries, then cover with vegetable broth and cook for 50 minutes, adding more broth as needed.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for a few minutes before slicing the roast beef and seasoning with the cooking juices.
- I served the roast beef with simple roast potatoes, but any seasonal side dish would work well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 102mgSodium 2411mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 38g