Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Additional Time 2 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
- All purpose flour 200 grams
- Milk:250 grams
- Water:50 grams
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- If you don't have any milk, you can make maida out of water.
- Do not add all of the milk/water at once; instead, gradually add the milk/water.
- For roomali roti, a small amount of dough is cut and rolled out very thinly so that it can be seen across.
- The pan or whatever you're cooking on should be hot while you're making roti.
- Sprinkling salt water on the pan before making roomali roti prevents the roti from sticking to the pan and softens the roti.
- One roti takes no more than 10 seconds to prepare. Because of this, if you have an extra cylinder in your home, you can roll 2-3 rotis at once and then light the gas.
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 530mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 5g