Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
- 750 gr chicken breast
- 1 natural yogurt
- 2 c / s extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c / s lemon juice
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 c / s tomato paste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 each baharat (if you can't get them, see the composition below)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 c / c sweet paprika
- 1 c / c sumac (sumac, azumaque)
- 1 c / p cardamom seeds
- 1 c / p scented cloves
- 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 c / p coriander seeds
- 1/2 c / p turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c / paprika smoked sweet paprika
- If you don't have the baharat spices (I didn't, so I made the spice mix at home), first make the spice mix and set it aside.
- We combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and beat them with some rods. Add the chicken breast, cut into as many equal pieces as possible. Mix well with the yogurt and spices and set aside for at least 3 hours to marinate, or prepare the night before and refrigerate.
- After that, we'll thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and place them in a roaster that's been lightly oiled with olive oil.
- When the skewers are finished, we serve them with salad and the sauce that I used in the roasted cauliflower salad with yogurt sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 964Total Fat 69gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 55gCholesterol 81mgSodium 724mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 34gSugar 12gProtein 43g