Prep Time 2 hours
Cook Time 3 hours
Additional Time 45 minutes
Total Time 5 hours 45 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 4 chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 10 jets of skylight spray
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 whole teeth
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce (or pasta)
- 240ml chicken broth
- 1 x 400 g of diced tomatoes
- 4 cardamom pods
- Onion, mint and tomato salad
- ½ bunch of finely chopped fresh mint
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ginger and garlic with the turmeric, cumin, pepper, and yogurt. Stir in the chicken pieces, then mix again. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, covered.
- 10 splashes of back light in a large skillet (or slow cooker if you can use them on the stove, as I do). I make use of it. [easyazon link identifier = ”B00IPENZK0 ′′ local = ”US ”tag = ”kitchsanct-20 ′′]
- To the pan, add the onions, red peppers, chopped chillies, coriander (coriander) stalks, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper, and tomato puree. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, over medium heat, until the onion softens. Turn off the heat, add 4 tablespoons of broth, and thoroughly puree (cover if necessary) with a hand mixer (or transfer to a food processor if preferred).
- Pour in the puree, followed by the chicken, remaining stock, chopped tomatoes, and cardamom. Stir and simmer for a few minutes before transferring to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Alternatively, cover and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours over low heat on the griddle, stirring frequently.
- Make the onion, mint, and tomato salad while the Rogan Josh is cooking by combining all of the salad ingredients in a small bowl.
Amount Per ServingCalories 384Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 104mgSodium 819mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 8gSugar 15gProtein 43g