Also great for breakfast, the sponge cake with custard and cream is simple but delicious, made with ingredients you can usually find at home, soft and perfect for Sunday.
When you don’t have much time, the sponge cake with custard and cream recipe is ideal; you prepare a simple sponge cake with melted butter or oil if you prefer, and then fill it with the cream and whipped cream. Obviously, you can enhance the dessert in a variety of ways, including adding chocolate chips or a chocolate cream for children who are certain to enjoy it.
- 250 g flour 00
- 150 g sugar
- 80 g burro
- 1 pinch of vanillin
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 250 g custard
- Make the custard HERE and set it aside to cool.
- Set aside the melted butter.
- Work the eggs and sugar together until they are doubled in volume, then combine the flour, vanilla, and butter, stirring by hand so as not to disassemble the mixture.
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured 20-22 cm cake pan and bake at 180 ° for 25 minutes, checking with a toothpick before removing from the oven.
- Allow to cool before cutting in half; in the meantime, whip the cream.
- If you prefer, wet the dessert with milk, Strega liqueur, or a lemon juice and water syrup.
- Close the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar after filling it with cream and a layer of custard.
- Before you cut, make sure it's firm.
- Take pleasure in your meal.
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 69mgSodium 47mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 1gSugar 28gProtein 7g