Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 800g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- olive oil spray
- 1 onion (replace with 3 tablespoons fresh chives for low fodmap content)
- 1 clove of garlic (avoid if low in fodmap)
- 1 pot for the vegetable broth
- 800ml water
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 100g dried red lentils (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, select the sear / saute option and add a few splashes of oil.
- Chop the sweet potatoes coarsely and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine turmeric, cumin, paprika, ground coriander, garlic, onion, and chives in a bowl.
- Pour in the stockpot, water, and rinsed lentils.
- Close the vent on the pressure cooker lid and place it on the Ninja Foodi Multicooker.
- Cook the soup for 10 minutes on high pressure in a pressure cooker.
- Allow 5 minutes for the pressure to naturally release.
- Before you open the Ninja Foodi Multicooker, open the vent and let the pressure pin drop.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly before serving.
- Combine the tamari, fresh coriander, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Blend with a hand blender or in a Ninja blender until the soup is smooth and thick.
- Serve with fresh bread and cilantro on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 519Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1266mgCarbohydrates 101gFiber 19gSugar 30gProtein 15g