Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 300 grams of beans
- 4 cups of coconut milk and 1 of cream (you can buy that in bric or tin, possibly also the "Kentaste" cream
- 1 onion
- 2 green chillies (pilipili)
- 2 tomatoes or relative sauce
- 1 tsp
- Turmeric flour to taste
- Curry to taste.
- If the beans are fresh, soak them in water for at least 12 hours; otherwise, rinse them and drain the liquid from the can.
- In a saucepan, combine the onions, chillies, curry powder, curry powder, and salt with the beans.
- Cook the beans in enough coconut milk to cover them.
- Cook until the coconut milk has reduced and the beans are tender.
- In a separate pan, combine the thick coconut milk (cream) and the flour and cook until it thickens.
- Pour the cooked beans into a serving dish and top with the coconut milk.
- Serve with chapatis, if possible.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1042Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 62gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 48mgSodium 610mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 8gSugar 15gProtein 27g