Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 400 gr of prawns
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt dissolved in 1 cup of water
- 4 to 8 fresh red Thai chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (preferably Thai nam pla)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 2 small shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 chives (white parts and half green), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, cut into pieces
- To make our Thai shrimp and lemongrass salad, first cook the prawns in salted water until they turn color. We reserve until it is cool
- In a mortar, mash all of the chili peppers with the garlic until a thick paste forms, then add the fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar to taste. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- When the prawns are cool enough to handle, peel them, leaving the tail on, and devein them. We made a reservation.
- The lemongrass's tough outer leaves are discarded, and the root tips are removed. We cut them into very thin slices and set them aside.
- Combine the fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice in a mixing bowl. We will add the prawns, the chili mixture, the chopped lemongrass, shallots, chives, coriander, and mint to this dressing after it has completely dissolved.
- Serve with coriander or mint on a bed of lettuce and tomato.
Amount Per Serving Calories 400Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 422mgSodium 6147mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 50g