Vanilla extract is a common ingredient in the preparation of sweet recipes. It’s a staple that should never be missing from your pantry, and this homemade version is both cheaper and healthier.
Many vanilla extracts sold in supermarkets contain chemicals, and the ones that don’t are much more expensive. This one is made entirely of natural ingredients, with no artificial additives or preservatives.
This recipe is very simple, quick, and lasts a long time, so if you use the extract on a regular basis, you will save a lot of money. Furthermore, it has an incredible flavor, particularly if the vanilla beans are of high quality.
Making your own vanilla extract is simple, healthier, and a thousand times less expensive. You only need vanilla beans, vodka, and a glass jar to store it in to make it!
- 250 ml of vodka ( 1 cup)
- 6 vanilla beans
- Cut the pods lengthwise in half.
- Pour the vodka over the pods in a glass jar or bottle that has been sterilized with boiling water.
- To keep the vodka from oxidizing, close the bottle tightly and store it in a cool, dark place. Although shaking it once a week is ideal, it is not required.
- Use it in any sweet recipe you want, such as a delicious vegan vanilla ice cream, a vegan brownie, or even vegan cookies.
- You don't have to use a high-quality alcohol; a cheap one will suffice.
- Wait at least three months before using it, but you can leave it for as little as a month. The longer it sits, the more vanilla flavor it develops.
- When the extract is finished, you can leave the pods in it or strain it. I take them out every 6 months because they no longer add flavor after that, but it is not necessary.
- You can also add more pods and vodka as you go, or make it from scratch.
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g