Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 480 grams of white sugar (60g are icing sugar)
- 250 grams of Water (cold)
- 4 teaspoon dried Seaweed Agar (powdered)
- 180 grams of Syrup or light corn syrup
- 6 grams of Vanilla Essence
- Soak the agar in half a glass of cold water until damp (10 minutes approx.)
- In a saucepan, combine half a glass of cold water, the sugar (not the icing), and the corn syrup. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent sticking and without allowing it to boil.
- Reduce to a low heat and continue to stir until it boils and thickens (when you put a little in cold water and form a thread). Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Stir the agar until it dissolves over medium heat.
- Add the vanilla essence to the sugar mixture, stir quickly, and then slowly pour the mixture into the agar.
- Continue to beat at high speed until the mixture becomes white (10 minutes approx.)
- Sprinkle the cornstarch and icing sugar in a mold before pouring the mixture.
- On top, sprinkle with more cornstarch and icing. Allow to cool.
- Unmold, cut, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 806Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 48mgCarbohydrates 208gFiber 0gSugar 191gProtein 0g