Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 300 grams of flour 0
- 200 gr of wholemeal flour
- 20 gr of brewer's yeast
- 100 gr of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 250 ml of water
- 20 gr of butter
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Mix everything together to make a dough, then set it aside to rise until it has doubled in volume.
- Arrange the two flours in a heap, then pour in the leavened dough.
- Now, dissolve a tablespoon of salt in the remaining lukewarm water and begin vigorously kneading the dough, folding and folding it on itself several times.
- Form a smooth and elastic cake with the softened butter. Place the loaf of bread dough in a bowl that has been dusted with flour on the bottom. Allow to rise for 3 hours under cover in a warm place away from currents.
- Blanch the walnut kernels for 1 minute before coarsely chopping.
- When the bread dough has doubled in size, add the chopped walnuts and continue to work for a few minutes.
- The bread dough should then be divided into two loaves.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, make two cuts with a knife on the surface of the loaves (the cuts are used to facilitate cooking and are also a lucky rite), and let them rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake the walnut bread for 20 minutes at 220 ° C in a preheated oven.
- Allow the walnut bread to cool slightly before slicing it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 659Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 11mgSodium 1626mgCarbohydrates 99gFiber 10gSugar 1gProtein 20g