Prep Time 55 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
- Boneless skinless chicken drumsticks 600 g
- Extra virgin olive oil 60 ml
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Plain yogurt 125 g
- Lemon juice 5 ml
- Garlic clove 1
- Fresh coriander or parsley
- Tomato 2
- Lettuce bud 2
- Purple Onion 1
- Pita bread or wheat tortillas
- We can mix breasts and thighs, but I don't recommend doing so because the end result will be much less tasty. We begin by cutting the thighs into four or five pieces each, removing any excess fat as needed
- After that, place the meat in a zip-lock freezer bag. In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, spices, and salt. Pour over the chicken, close, and massage thoroughly with your hands to coat all of the pieces. Refrigerate for at least two hours, preferably a few more.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC and line a baking sheet or dish with aluminum foil. Lightly oil the pan and add the chicken, arranging it in a single layer. Roast the pieces for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Allow to cool slightly after removing from the oven and cutting into fine pieces with a sharp knife. Heat a nonstick skillet or grill with a pinch of oil over medium-high heat for about 5-8 minutes, or until the small pieces are very crisp.
- To make the sauce, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, parsley or coriander, minced garlic clove, a little oil, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Spread a little sauce on the pita bread or tortillas and top with chicken, lettuce, onion, and tomato to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 197mgSodium 623mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 42g