Filipino Bicol Express Recipe
This Bicol Express recipe is a spicy Filipino dish that is popular due to the combination of coconut flavor, which is a plentiful agricultural product in the Bicol region, and chili, which is also present in every Bicolanos diet.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- ¼ kg pork thin chopped
- 1 cup Baguio Beans
- 3 pcs long chili or jalapeno peppers (or more)
- 1 onion minced
- 1 head minced garlic
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Soak chili peppers in a bowl of salted water for 30 minutes before washing and straining.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and brown the shredded pork for a few minutes.
- Fry minced garlic and onion in a separate pan.
- Fry the fried pork.
- Then add the coconut milk and bring to a boil for 10 minutes
- Cook until the dish is slightly dry, then add the chili peppers and Baguio beans.
- Cook until the sauce thickens with the coconut cream.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with steaming rice.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1052Total Fat 61gSaturated Fat 34gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 131mgSodium 1914mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 5gSugar 48gProtein 49g