Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 pound shrimp (medium or large - thawed, peeled and stripped of
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoon garlic (finely chopped or crushed)
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 1 Tablespoon ginger (finely chopped or crushed)
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cucchiaino sale
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until opaque and cooked through. Put the cooked shrimp on a plate and set it aside.
- Bring the coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice and zest, sugar, and salt to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the thickened sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp is heated through.
- When done, remove from heat and serve immediately. If desired, serve with rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with lime wedges and/or toasted shredded coconut.
Amount Per Serving Calories 519Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 479mgSodium 2162mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 54g