Cucumber sushi is a simple recipe to make with friends and family. It's easy to adapt to any diet or taste preference, and it's a fun twist on sushi.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 4 ounces of optional smoked salmon
- Slices of avocado
- Sliced red peppers
- Carote julienned
- Spicy Mayo
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, but don't stir it once it's done. This allows it to retain its stickiness.
- Each cucumber should be cut in half lengthwise and crumbled after the seeds have been removed with a knife or spoon.
- Fill half a cucumber with a small amount of rice, then squeeze it on one side to make room for the other ingredients. Squeeze the smoked salmon, avocados, peppers, and carrots as you add them until the cucumber is full. Rep with the rest of the cucumbers.
- Cut the cucumbers into half-inch thick slices with a sharp knife.
- If desired, serve immediately or cold with soy sauce or hot mayonnaise sauce.
Amount Per ServingCalories 263Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 11mgSodium 753mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 8g