A classic pizza that appeals to those of us who enjoy sweet-salty contrasts and enjoy incorporating fruit into recipes and main dishes. Hawaiian pizza’s star ingredients are cooked ham and pineapple, and in this case, I’ve added some outrageous mushrooms.
It’s a real treat to be able to make a pizza that’s both simple and delicious, and if you’ve also made your own dough (as I’ll recommend later), it’ll be a success. Choose the size and number of ingredients to your liking, then enjoy and taste it! I also recommend baking it in this perforated mold for a crispy, perfectly baked dough.
Adding pineapple to a pizza for an Italian is the same as adding chorizo to paella for a Valencian. A true anomaly! And it is that Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada by Sam Panopoulos, a Greek immigrant who owned a restaurant in Chatham, a municipality in southwestern Ontario.
Now, we’ll tell you something it won’t be orthodox, the Italians won’t like it, but it’ll be rich for a while (we’ll take off the mask, there are a few brave people who recognize it and many who consume it). the most popular in many pizza restaurants and supermarkets).
Today, you can make a Hawaiian pizza after learning how to make ham and pineapple pizza by Umi Kitchen. This pizza’s main ingredients are cooked ham and pineapple. Unlike other types of pizza, which are more robust, this option is much lighter and usually wins favor with those who enjoy the combination of sweet and savory flavors.
If you prefer it homemade, prepare the dough. You can make a thin or fluffy pizza dough, depending on your preference. If you prefer to use pre-cooked dough, you will save time but it will not taste the same, so try these step-by-step recipes.
Ham and Pineapple Pizza
There are no half measures when it comes to Hawaiian pizza. You either love it or you hate it. The truth is that there is no such thing as a middle ground with this dish. Today, we're feeling daring, so we're sharing a recipe for a pizza topped with ham and pineapple. It's delicious!
- 1/4 natural pineapple
- 4 slices of cooked ham.
- Tomato sauce to cover the dough.
- 1 pizza dough.
- 1 envelope of buffalo mozzarella.
- Fresh mushrooms, which can be whole or rolled.
- Oil, salt and oregano.
- Place the sliced mushrooms in a small tupperware container (if you bought them whole, cut them into slices), cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes. The mushrooms will have darkened and become moistened.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC while you stretch the dough on a nonstick mat. If you don't have to wait that long, try to preheat the oven for 10 minutes before you put the pizza in.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza crust, then top with the cooked ham. Cut into large pieces and distribute them evenly across the pizza.
- Combine the diced pineapple and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. To serve, sprinkle with oregano to taste and strips of buffalo mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pizza in the perforated mold and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese and dough start to brown.
- Take it out of the oven when it's done. You'll see what a tasty pizza it is!
- Serve the pizza immediately, while it is still warm, and cut it into squares or triangles as desired. The combination of ham and pineapple appeals to me because I enjoy sweet-salty contrasts.
- To cut it easily, I recommend this pizza cutter, which is not only comfortable but also takes up very little space.
- You can omit the mushrooms or add a little onion cut into strips and lightly sauteed in the pan instead.
- Aside from pineapple, you can make an authentic pizza macedonia by incorporating pieces of other fruits such as mango, peach, orange, and pear. Isn't it amazing? You're already experimenting, and roasted fruits are delicious!
- Mushrooms can also be canned, but the fresh ones are the richest, healthiest, and cheapest, and they only take a few minutes in the microwave to be ready.
- The amount of tomato sauce used can affect the texture of the pizza: if you want it juicier, use more sauce; if you prefer it crunchy, use less.
- If you want your pizza to be as light as possible in terms of calories and fat, limit the amount of cheese you use and increase the amount of vegetables or fruits you use.
Amount Per ServingCalories 866Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 98mgSodium 2513mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 39g