Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 8 hours 25 minutes
- 3 kilos of pork shoulder cut into 3 pieces
- 18 ounces of barbecue sauce, about 2 cups
- 16 ounces of pasta with small shells or elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1½ tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces of freshly grated 3-cup cheddar cheese
- In the slow cooker, place the pork shoulder pieces. Cover with a lid and pour 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce over the pork. Cook for 8 hours on low heat. When the pork is tender enough to shred with a fork or tongs, set it aside in the slow cooker with the remaining liquids.
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Return the pot to the stove after draining the pasta (reserving 12 cup of hot water for the pasta).
- Fill the empty pot halfway with half-and-half and heat over low to medium heat. Combine half of the remaining half with the flour, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or measuring cup. The mixture should be whisked until smooth. Over low heat, combine the flour mixture half-and-half.
- When the mixture returns to a boil and begins to thicken, add the cheese and gently beat it in. Once the cheese has melted, stir in the paste to coat. If the macaroni and cheese is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. If necessary, season with additional salt.
- Place the pasta in bowls and top with the minced pork. Drizzle with the rest of the barbecue sauce. To have fun with!
Amount Per Serving Calories 3224Total Fat 206gSaturated Fat 83gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 103gCholesterol 798mgSodium 2775mgCarbohydrates 121gFiber 5gSugar 52gProtein 210g