Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1/2 l fresh whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar + 8 teaspoons
- 150 g of amaretti + 10 to decorate
- 40 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 glass of espresso liqueur
- 1/2 glass of rum liqueur or an almond liqueur
- In a mortar, we crush the amaretti until it resembles fine flour. If we still have a larger piece, nothing happens. We keep it in a bowl.
- We heated the 8 teaspoons of sugar in a saucepan over low heat. We stir it with a wooden spoon every now and then until it is completely dissolved. We allowed it to turn amber. We divide the caramel evenly among eight individual flan molds. Individual molds or a single mold can be used. The entire background must be covered. This operation must be completed quickly because the caramel cools quickly, and with extreme caution because the caramel burns extremely well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and sifted cocoa (to avoid lumps).
- We thoroughly stir with a silicone spatula. You could also use rods, but this would introduce air into the dough, which would be ineffective. We thoroughly mix until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the coffee, rum, and milk until thoroughly combined. We'll end up with a very liquid mixture.
- Finally, we mix in the amaretti. We preheat the oven to 150oC and place the bonet in a bain-marie to cook. To accomplish this, we fill the molds with the mixture and place them in a mold with a high edge. Fill the mold with water up to 1/2 cm below the edge of the individual molds and bake for 50 minutes in a hot oven.
Amount Per Serving Calories 576Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 219mgSodium 174mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 4gSugar 55gProtein 18g