Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 slice of lemon
- 500 grams of puff pastry
- 750 grams of unsalted butter
- 9 cups walnuts
- Whole cloves amount needed
- First and foremost, make the syrup the day before. This way, it will be at room temperature when you use it in the baklava. Heat the sugar, lemon, water, and cinnamon over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Then, while the butter is melting over low heat, use a special pastry brush to grease the pan that will be used later.
- Brush the tray with butter after placing the first layer of puff pastry.
- Then, repeat the layering and buttering process until you have a tower of about 7 layers.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar and half of the chopped walnuts on top.
- Then, cover with another layer, spread with butter, and repeat.
- Scatter the remaining half of the walnuts on top.
- Then keep layering and buttering until the dough is done.
- On top, a generous amount of butter is spread.
- Also, before baking, cut the baklava into triangles or squares.
- Prick each portion with a clove to keep the layers from coming off.
- Then, bake for 35 minutes at 160 ° C, or until the dough is golden, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before pouring in the syrup made the day before: Make an effort to cover the entire upper part.
- You can leave the oven off until you're ready to eat, but it's best to eat it the same day or the next day at most.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1663Total Fat 141gSaturated Fat 46gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 88gCholesterol 161mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 96gFiber 7gSugar 63gProtein 19g