Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 25 minutes
- 2 (10-ounce) chicken breasts, split, bone-in, and skin-on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and submerge a sous-vide cooker in it. Set the temperature to 148 degrees F per the manufacturer's directions.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast liberally with salt and pepper. Garlic, thyme, and lemon slices should be placed on the skin of the chicken. Put the chicken in one large or two small vacuum bags. Use a vacuum sealer to seal the bag.
- Set the timer for 2 hours and immerse the bags in the water. When the timer goes off, remove the chicken from the bag. Remove the garlic, thyme, and lemon wedges from the chicken, and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and cook the chicken, skin side down, until golden brown, about 1 minute. To get an even brown color on all edges, move the chicken around the pan with tongs, holding it against the side of the pan. Remove from the heat and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes to cool. Remove the bones from the chicken and flip it over. Serve the chicken immediately after slicing it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 34Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 74mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g