Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 12 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
- 150 g Flour00
- 1 egg
- 40 g Granulated sugar (+ for sprinkling)
- 35 ml Corn oil
- 1 tablespoon of Strega liqueur (or anise, rum)
- 1 pinch Fine salt
- 1 bustinaVanillina
- 1 tsp baking powder
- seed oil puff (for cooking)
- Prepare the castagnole dough either by hand or with a planetary mixer. In the center, place the flour and the whole egg.
- Then stir in the seed oil, liqueur, yeast, and vanillin. Add a pinch of salt as well.
- Knead the dough until it is soft and workable, but not sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Divide the dough into 15 equal pieces weighing 20 g: this will yield 15 damselfish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 49mgSodium 176mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 2g