Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- 750 g sweet pepper
- yellow and red
- 500 g aubergine
- 500 g yellow zucchini
- 500 g green zucchini
- 4 tomatoes large
- 1/2 white onion
- 8 cloves red garlic from Nubia
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp
- Wash the vegetables, which must all be the same size and shape, and slice them to a thickness of 6mm or less.
Sprinkle the vegetable slices with olive oil, a sprig of rosemary, a sprig of thyme, a pinch of salt, and a garlic clove.
Set aside the vegetables and begin preparing the piperade sauce, baking the peppers wrapped in aluminum foil for 30 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Remove the seeds and inedible parts from the peppers.
- In a blender, combine the onion, carrot, celery, three cloves of garlic, and the "waste" from the vegetable slicing.
- Brown the freshly prepared mince in a pan with two tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- When the sauce is clear, add the peppers and a pinch of thyme and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- After that, season with salt and pepper and add the tomato sauce and a little sugar. Cook for an additional ten minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Set aside a tablespoon of the sauce in the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Arrange the vegetable slices on top of the piperade, alternating them and leaving a half-centimeter space between them.
- Form a spiral of vegetables to cover the entire surface.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with granulated sugar and powdered thyme, then add a few whole garlic cloves and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 hours at 150°. After 30 minutes, remove the parchment paper and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Take a portion of the vegetables with a spatula and garnish with a little basil, an emulsion made with the piperade, oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 34mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 12gSugar 21gProtein 8g